Water Quality Opportunities
Brown and yellow areas have the following characteristics which result in an increased risk of water pollution but also indicate that improvement projects will have the greatest beneficial effect.
- Proximity to rivers (<50m)
- Steep slopes (>5o) floodplains
- Permeable soils
- In high hydrological connectivity (with rivers and ground water)
- Risky land use (cultivated land has the highest risk, natural habitat the lowest.
Green areas are where water quality improvement projects are least likely to be beneficial. Urban areas (dark green) are excluded.
Other Map Legends
Click on the title of the Map you wish to learn more about
- Multifunctional Ecosystem Services Opportunities
- Multifunctional Ecosystem Services Provision/Risk
- Wildlife (Habitat Creation) Opportunities
- Low Flow (Wetland) Opportunities
- Recreational Opportunities